Re: [Harp-L] Traynor CV-20

I don't have experience with that amp, but do with others of its type and
class. Try your harp through it, of course, and see what you think. Might be
perfect, might not. Turn it up to gig level to give it a real test. Just a
thought, but for just a couple hundred more you could get a new Fat Dog 1A -
a really great, lightweight dedicated harp amp that has the tone that blues
guys crave. There is a clip of Joe Filisko out there on the web playing one,
gives you a good idea of the possibilities. It can play clean too - if I
don't cup the mic (a Shure 545 Ultimate Series from Blowsmeaway
Productions), I can get nice clean tones out of it. I dunno, I have the Fat
Dog 1A, and for gigs where a 20 watt guitar amp would work, the Fat Dog
works very well. Also, you can mic it for bigger venues and it sounds great.
Of course, it does not have reverb, which is easily fixed with a reverb
pedal or delay - and an EQ is highly recommended too, to squelch feedback. I
love mine - don't use it for bigger venues, but could, and have played some
sizable bars with it mic'd - the amp sounded great. Superb little hand-
crafted amp for 500 bucks - unheard of. Don't know Robbie at Fat Dog
personally or have anything to gain - but between his good service and fine
amp, I don't hesitate to recommend the Fat Dog 1A. 500 bucks? get outta
here!

--
Please change my contact information to jvboden@xxxxxxxxxx Thanks!