Re: [Harp-L] Hohner low keys, Thunderbird

I used Echo Vamper 12 hole harps exclusively as my diatonic  harmonicas,
when I was working 5 or 6 nights a week as a  young teenager,  with my band.
Trying to make "the big time".. I am  still trying!. Overnight success is
just around the corner.
I only changed to the cheaper 10 hole available on the British  market,
"Echo Super Vamper". Which was exactly the same as the "Marine  Band", except
for the engraving on the cover plates, when Hohner stopped selling
harmonicas to me wholesale (by the dozen)..... And then I could no longer afford  the
superior 12 hole instruments... Must have been 1964, 1965 or 1966? Not sure
 exactly. Back then the 10 hole harp was 5 shillings (25 Pence) and the 12
hole was 7 Shillings and 6 Pence (37.5 Pence) in British Sterling...
John "Whiteboy" Walden
English, but just now living in the Philippines.

In a message dated 3/15/2011 12:38:34 A.M. Malay Peninsula Standard ,