[Harp-L] Essencial exercises for chromatic harmonica players (www.effortlessharmonica.com)

I just got back from my carnival trip to Jericoacoara where I took some time to record new videos for my Effortless Harmonica blog. And guess what … wow, internet was incredibly slow today here in the North-East of Brazil. But I kept trying while cleaning the house and in the end was able to upload four first videos in a series about basic movements. Some excellent free harmonica lessons for beginning chromatic harmonica players!

The series of videos focus on simple exercises that I wrote 20 years ago and that helped me a lot to get my technique on the right track. Although a great starting point for beginning chromatic harmonica players, these exercises are great for all levels I think. At least I get back to them when my technique needs a new upgrade!

So, what are the basic movements that these lessons focus on? Well, they are:

horizontal movement – simply the movement of the instrument from left to right and vice versa
slide movement – full coordination over the slide in and slide out movement
breath movement – coordination of the act of inhaling (draw) and exhaling (blow) of air
What is ready now is an introduction video about these movements as well as 3 videos about horizontal movement.

The URL of the page is: http://www.effortlessharmonica.com/harmonica-how-to-play/mastery/harmonica-lessons-movement/

Hope these specific harmonica lessons are of great help to you!

Warm regards,

Wim Dijkgraaf

http://www.effortlessharmonica.com
http://www.wimdijkgraaf.com