[Harp-L] re: Mississippi Heat

Check them out. Their rather hard-hitting blues and boring singer is not at all my cup of tea but the harmonica playing is absolutely stellar throughout. This guy has heaps of original melodic ideas, on time all the time. Knows tradition but not enslaved by it.
  Also very distinct articulation (a reminder to all of us Sloppy Joe´s) with a trumpet-like tone, and he´s never afraid to use interesting positions to make it fresh.
  I have yet to hear him play an un-inspired solo.  He ought to be more known in the ... "harp community" (whatever that is ...).

Cheers,
Martin

Hi all,

Bluesville on sirius/xm just played a cut from a band called Mississippi Heat...
Sounds like two harp players, or at least the same player playing on two tracks
of the recording.  One is a big-sounding octave chromatic  while the other is
heavily Sonny Terry influenced acoustic harp.

Anybody know these guys?  It was a really good tune.

Bill
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T