Re: [Harp-L] Jaming/Gigging on harmonica with a Multi-Effect processor

"Degregorio, Jeffery" wrote:
<I went to a music store because I heard about using Delay/reverb on this
<device and thought I could possibly use something like the (DigiTech
<RP55 Guitar Multi-Effects Processor) with playing the harmonica in jams,
<gigs, etc.  I understand that it's just for guitars but microphones as
<well.  While at the music store, I played my harmonica through a mic and
<it sounded like a tube amp blues performance (Lots of settings and sound
<configurations).  <
<
<Does anyone believe this is a good route to take for performing
<harmonica on stage - especially blues hot microphone performance?  Has
<anyone used a multi-effects processor such as this while performing or
<even the RP55 for gigs and such?

Jeffery,

I guess you're new to the list...  Anyway, I post here frequently about the RP355.  I make sets of pre-configured sounds, called "patches," for the Digitech RP series of devices.  You can find out more about my patch sets, and hear samples recorded with those patches, at:
http://hunterharp.com/store/

I've been performing with the RP355 for over two years, most recently with The Committee, a San Diego based blues band, on Tuesday night, and it's a great tool for harp players.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick