[Harp-L] Re: Reed Removal Tool

<quote>
Thank u for your review of the Seydel removal pliers.
What does "grinding off the rivet 'tail' " mean? </quote>

It's not actually a "requirement." I just found it easier to hammer out rivets
if I used my rotary engraving tool to touch the rivet "tail" and remove just
a tad of it. My assumption was that the rivet "tail" has been spread to lock
in the rivet. By taking off just a little of the "tail," it's easier to get the rivet
out AND it's less likely that the reedplate hole will be damaged/misaligned.

My rotary grinding tool is NOT a Dremel. It has a tiny ball at the end which
makes it (relatively) easy to do this.

YMMV. You certainly can pop out the rivet without doing this.

Regards,
Crazy Bob