[Harp-L] pros/cons rivets/screws

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the great information regarding rivet tools and rivet
removal/replacement.

OK. Now I am ready to hear your opinions about rivets vs screws for reed
replacement. Which do you think is the better method and why?

Also, does the Seydel rivet removal tool work well for Hohner instruments?

It appears to me that one nice thing about using screws is (provided that
the Seydel rivet removal tool works for Hohner harps) that one can get
everything one needs to do the job in Seydel's "basic tool kit". Is this
true?

When one uses the rivet replacement method does one have to smooth the
edges of the rivet hole prior to inserting the new rivet? The reason for
my question is that I think that I may have heard that setting the rivet
causes the edges of the hole to stick up a bit.

Cheers!