[Harp-L] Rivet removal tool

sheltraw@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Does anybody have one of the Romel rivet removal tools? Does it work well
for rivet removal and replacement?  Also whats the best source from which to purchase new rivets?

 I own a Romel removal punch and it works fine.  I assume that all punch & anvil type replacement tools work better when propped up so as to be at
eye-level, as well as used with adequate lighting and proper magnifiers (e.g. eyeglasses).
  Seydel sells a pliers type of reed removal tool that hopefully listers will give their opinions of. They can be obtained thru fellow lister & Seydel rep
Rupert Oysler as well as thru the Seydel website.
  I believe that reeds can be purchase from Hohner and Seydel, but new rivets are generally not needed since the old rivet that accompanies the used
replacement reed is used. You don't completely remove the rivet from the reed that you are removing to use as the replacement.  The instructions that
come with the Romel tool clearly illustrate the technique. The instructions are also available for the reading somewhere online (maybe on Bill's site, i
forget).
  The archives and Pat Missin's website are good sources of info re reed replacement (as well as just about anything else that relates to our beloved
instrument).
ron - FL Keys