RE: [Harp-L] Is playing the harp well a health hazard?

I used to spit internal blood occasionally when I was rehearsing 4 to 6 hours a day
and playing 5 shows a week. Not sure if harp caused it. Doctor didn't know.
I've also had a hernia operation under the belly button (go to Shouldice hospital if you need one).
Not sure if harp caused the hernia but I had lots of trouble playing harp when the hernia was at its peak.
I was in agony.
I think pretty well everything is bad for you including breathing air.
Best thing to do is stay in shape, eat well, fight the toxins. Many great harp players have
died bloated and fat. These dudes started fit and skinny and years on the road killed them.
The road can kill harmonica players or any musician if you don't use your spare time
wisely. Stay away from junk food on the road, make your own stuff. Restaurants give you
oversized portions loaded with sodium, bad animal fats, sugar, and other crap.
This shit will age you and kill you.

Joe Pinto
Little Joe & the Werewolves