[Harp-L] RE: Harp-L Digest, Vol 91, Issue 8 Cable Talk

Lots of great information as well as varied opinions. The 18 foot length
source was discussed, the link to the Premium guitar article was very
informative and, another factor was mentioned, that being which end is
plugged into the amp.  So, is there a preferred directional flow?  I think
the cleaner the amp and the better listener you are, enables you to hear
differences.  Using a crunchy amp with lots of break-up probably doesn't
allow you to hear a difference. Everyone agrees that tone is generated by
the Indian and not the bow, but everyone wants what they do to be as true as
possible, especially in studio applications.  Is a harp situation different
and has more variables than a guitar application? Has to be, based on all
the differences in mics and what they send to the signal path.  Is a good
guitar amp usually a poor harp amp?  Why?
Lots of stuff to play with for sure.  Before someone says it, practice makes
perfect, as long as it is perfect practice.
I appreciate everyone who made a response to the cable question.
Ron