Re: [Harp-L] Lee Oskar w/ War on TV

Hi ,

I saw   Eric Burden and War in 1971. Burden and War moved the crowd to  an
almost riot frenzied state. I never saw or heard anything like it before or
since. Eric Burden and War must have been  having one of those rare energy
performance experiences where everything came together. The audience was
literally going crazy. Management had to turn off their power, turn on the
house lights (Philadelphia Spectrum), and escort them off stage. In 1971
audiences were not usually this out of control. Eric burden did not want to
leave. He was thriving on the reaction from everyone. Once management got him
and the band off, Rod Stewart came on and calmed the crowd down, to my
amazement. He could actually touch the crowd from the stage, since everyone
rushed the stage to it's edge. After a great show from Rod Stewart and the
Faces, Grand Funk Railroad came on as a the headliners. But Eric Burden and
War  stole the show. Lee Oscar blended his harp lines perfectly with the sax
player.  He has done a lot for the harmonica, needless to say.
 Here is an example of that period for EB and War, sound not the best,  but
the energy is there.
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4kr63oB7gE&feature=related_ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4kr63oB7gE&feature=related)

Ahhh memories!

Chris Mastakas

In a message dated 3/3/2011 12:18:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,