Re: [Harp-L] Re: Cables: Are there really any sonic differences?

On 03/02/2011 10:46 PM, Jim Rossen wrote:
My band mates did a nice cable article for Premier Guitar Magazine,
link below, and I tried some of the demo cables.  There were clear
differences in sound- detail, frequency response, smoothness.  The
differences were minor compared to the many other factors that affect
the sound, but definitely detectable.
i went there looking for the measurements, the spectral analysis, the
double blind tests. instead i found:

"In the end, though, we felt that experiences with cables are inherently
subjective – they’re not something that can be measured in a meaningful
scientific way.".

so not particularly convincing with regard to this discussion.

--
We make a living from what we get,
but we make a life from what we give.