[Harp-L] Cable

Having no claim to any particular expertise, and speaking purely from anecdotal personal experiences, as far as Lo-Z XLR cable is concerned, I find high end low capactiance XLR cables to sound somewhat thin or lacking in midrange. I use Peavey XLR cables and I think the sound is full bodied.

For Hi-Z cable I happen to like how Monster Jazz cable sounds. To my ear it sounds very full with nice rich low end.

I definitely think different cable efffects sound/tone differently and that it pays to use decent quality cable.

As far as the maximum length of Hi-Z cable runs, it has been my experience that up to 25' produces no audible deterioration in sound quality for live performance, and i have occasionally used as long as 30' without any audible problems. i realize this is quite a bit longer than conventional wisdom dictates, but i am speaking based on personal experiences.

FWIW,

JP