[Harp-L] RE: Racks

The two mentioned, although way cool looking pieces of engineering, appear pretty high tech and high price.  Something a bit cheaper but above the bent coathanger type is the K&M rack. It is similar to the Hohner design but have good size knobs instead of wing nuts for tightening, the spring load seems a bit stronger with rubber on the clamps which prevents the harp sliding around and it is powdered coated. $35 as I recall.

BTW, the big problem I have with playing with a rack is the rack sliding around to the left so that I end up playing over my shoulder.

I met a guy at Kerrville who used one of the coat hanger racks but a friend of his had engineered two very large knurled knobs with friction bearings for tightening into position.  The larger diameter and the uneven service of the knobs creating more friction on the chest he said pretty much eliminated the problem.  I'd like to try that arrangement on my K&M but I have no idea where to get the parts.  Does anyone have any ideas on either where one could find the parts or some other method to stop the rack sliding around?