RE: [Harp-L] harp hardware

The machine screws and nuts are of a very small size for this type of work (0-80 or 2-56 are the sizes I use) so I don't think the magnetic field generated by magnetized screws would be strong enough to effect mics. I really don't know why you would need magnetized hardware for this work. Stainless steel works best for harmonicas. if you have anymore questions just email me, I'm happy to share harp info.

John
http://www.customharmonica.net

ps - Be very careful drilling the reedpltes and comb. If you drill without a drill guide or press, you can easily end up with a hole on an angle or busted teeth on your comb.