Re: [Harp-L] Turbuharp ELX electric harp

Hi
I think the un-valved chromatic would be the better way to go as the other idea puts stuff into your air stream.

Many years ago, in the 1900's there was a Switz Watch making Company who also made the 'Thorens' 12/48 slide un-valved three octave chromatic harmonica. I used to own one of these. They were good and really didn't need wind savers. Being watch makers they were used to
working with critical tolerances and so they just didn't leak that much. Now they were basically made to the same design as the Hohner 12/48 but they were built right. So there is no magik bullet about making a good valveless slide chromatic and like you point out the Mic /may/ go some way to help.
In the end I can't help but feel that all any 'get louder' system will do is make louder, if the instrument is deficient then all you will get is loud deficiency. So I would put the effort into making the 12/48 as good and tight as you can first.

I just thought that the news about the old Thorens may give you heart for the valveless project.-David