Re: [Harp-L] Turbuharp ELX electric harp

Hi Jens

to say

"Could be that the video is not too convincing"

Makes you a master of understatement. I have asked them questions but their presentation just confuses me. Does any one
on the list understand their idea and if so could they tell me how it would do what a Mic. or even a pick up does.

I could understand the idea of an optical trigger but a trigger seems a long way from doing what a Mic or pick-up does.

The bending is an interaction of two reeds in a chamber to get both pitch and tone, what does the trigger do in the case of
 the C sharp bend on draw 4 on a C  harp. as both reeds, the C and the D reed will be vibrating, though one of the reeds is
 doing most of the work.

Am I just being really stupid ?

I like the concept of a 'les paul' moment/device for the harp but I don't understand how this is it, help me out here,
I'm a bear of very little brain as 'Winny the Phoo' would say.
yours David