in common with the Pro Jr and his amp was voiced from the ground up. If you like
the Pro Jr (as some do, especially with a moderate output mic to counter the
amp's high gain) as it is,  don't know if these mods would be best for you.

#1 - Pro Jr preamp voltages are already pretty low at 150vdc...you could try
nearer 110-120v...but that 30v drop is probably the smalest increment drop where
people will hear a difference. If you go too low the amp will become somewhat
mushy. R33 is the resistor to change, try 39K to 56K @ 2W or better?

#2 -  I have used .1 coupling caps in larger amps with good results but the
.01uf caps in the Pro Jr should be adequate, I'd be skeptical as to whether caps
bigger than 0.022uf would be of any advantage.

#3 Self balancing PI would require rewiring the amp because of the PCB
construction and ribbon wires connecting the tube sockets to the board. Gerald's
innovation was to unbalance the PI deliberately via the Waveform Symmetry
Control...you can do this in the Pro Jr by using a 12DW7/JJ ECC832 in V2 (12AX7
next to the EL84s)...I'd give it a go & see what you think.

#4 - Gerald's amp is cathode biased, the Pro Jr is fixed bias, very different
designs...I would actually go the other way and possibly reduce plate current,
maybe see how things sound at 25-30mA per tube (Pro Jr's are usually underbiased
& running lots of current anyway)? Also note that later production Kendrick TC35
Harp Amps run idle currents around the mid 50's mA mark, not 70mA as in the
original article.

The first things that I would try with the Pro Jr are try disconnecting C2 (22pf
bright cap accross volume pot) & remnoving C3...both these caps are hard to get
at on the control panel PCB. Also maybe try a smaller value negative feedback
resistor (R27), maybe try parallel resistors to bring the value down to 20K, or
50K & see how it sounds. I haven't actually tried any of these 3 mods I just
offer them in the spirit of experimentation.

Regards, Mark.