Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 17:11:03 -0700
From: Robert Hale <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] replacing reeds Hohner vs Lee Oskar
To: harp-L list <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Is it me, or do the reeds handle differently between these two?

HOHNER
Just for experience, I grabbed two old SP20's, different keys, one nailed
and one bolted. Swapping Hohner reeds you'd think I was a pro. Tapped them
out, moved to the other plate, tapped in, and PLING! a good note.

LEE OSKAR
LO reeds seem to come out much easier than Hohner (fewer, lighter hammer
taps) but rivets don't stay in the reed, and alignment is tedious in the new
destination.

Am I just whacking the LO rivets too hard? I've watched all the recommended
videos. I appreciate everyone who posted them.

Stay well
Play well

Robert Hale is the DUKE of WAIL
Distance Learning via Webcam