Re: [Harp-L] modulation effects

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Garry <harp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> i started using the chorus effect on my vt-30

I haven't found a chorus I thought sounded good on harp. Instead I like the
"standing wave" created by a slight de-tuning of equal volume to the
original signal. This is not enough to sound like a tremolo or echo harp, it
is much more subtle. Closely time-related to "doubling."

Chorus is a time delay that moves the secondary pitch slightly, greater and
lesser, causing peaks and nulls in the sound that sweep up and down. To me,
it thins out the harp sound. Detuning is evident in some Sugar Blue
recordings and live. Especially large in stereo.

Most multi-effects processors have a detuning feature in the pitch-change
section.

Stay well
Play well

Robert Hale is the DUKE of WAIL