[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 94, Issue 29

Leonardo Cozendey Crespo <cozendey@...> wrote:
>I want a pedal train with the following pedals
>
>Harp Delay
>Harp Octave
>Harp Attack
>Tone+
>Boss DD-3
>Micro POG
>Line Rotomachine

At the Asia Pacific Harmonica Festival in Singapore last year, Brendan Power walked us through his stage rig, which includes a Korg PX5D multi processor unit.

After getting back to Australia and thinking for a bit (something I'm doing more of these days), I got PX5D for myself. It fits in my hand, runs for hours from 2 AA batteries, has very decent reverbs and delays, a wide variety of useful amp models.

After a day of fiddling around, I got 3 presets, a clean sound with delay, a Fender Blackface amp sound and a heavier Fender Tweed sound. These do fine for me, my other pedals/amps lie idle.

This solution is not for everyone. For example, Richard Hunters RP series patches provide a much greater array of sounds, controlled with a foot pedal. Nothing beats a classic amp. The rig outlined above by Leonardo would no doubt sound pretty good, once everything was plugged in and tweaked.

However, a device which fits into my pocket, needs no power supply, and provides a wide range of good quality sounds has won the day for me. And for Brendan as well.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com
...everyone plays