Re: [Harp-L] Norton Buffalo & Roy Rogers - Shake Your Moneymaker

Wow;

thanks...that made my day...what memories..  great Norton Clip....

if you are not familiar with Roy Rogers...he is one of our best in the bay area...Always loved Norton with his own band and music...but he really had a blast with Roy.

We used help book Norton's band  thru the blues society in  Chico when I was there...many years ago...always a full house in a the small / dark venues...
great performer...the best
I hear now  the Sierra Nevada Brewery Big Room is all that.....
You big name players should put that one on your list.....for tours...
I think the guy who books it is a harmonica player....(rumor has it)

Bob lightning Litel....or something like that....He played harp at some shows we did there.

King of the town at that time...in Chico....was Ralph Shine....Great harmonica and vocals...great band....died way to soon...
http://www.bluerockit.com/bios/shine.html   He was like Freddy King on the harmonica...

He was a mentor and best friend to me and recorded on Blue Rock it....( Pat Ford's label)...
Can't find a single youtube of the guy....One day I will get the show he opened for Stevie Ray Vaughn and post some it ....
Got to keep these great clips coming...It sort of keeps these guys in our hearts...somehow...

thanks again.for posting..Nice to hear Norton's voice....

Norton was a favorite of ours....never disappointed....
Paul Delay and William Clarke would come through town and Rick Estrin lived a few hours away...he was a Riot..

When my friend Ralph got I'll,  Rick treated him with great respect, I will never forget Rick's soul.....

Right after Ralph had his leg removed ...just before he passed....
We went to see Lil Charlie and Nightcats....
Rick had a friend and myself..... lift Ralph up on the stage in his wheelchair...mid set... to play with his band.....
Ralph pounded that bloody stump on the floor while he tore it up with Ricks great Band....Oblivious to the pain ....
Rick just let him take over....and Ralph just stole the show....The whole place went nuts and then Ralph sang Reds and Whiskey.....
Rick honored him and let him have he moment....at his expense....I mean the guy went off....not a dry eye in the house...standing Ovation...his last one.
Ralph passed not many days  after that show....

Rick Estrin is a giant among Harp players in my book....Like the Pope in a shark skin suit....

It's a good Fraternity we belong to.....and long live the new Kings.....

Grant Walters...