[Harp-L] Survey, New news.

Thanks to an honest poll being performed. My goal from the beginning  after
working on thousands of vintage amps, using tubes, all speakers both
vintage and new, as well as being the first builder to research and institute
the NOS American military grade paper in oil  Astron, Vitamin  Q, Pyramid, all
brands back then were quality. Period correct late  50's, early 60's,  both
original bassman owners and myself could hear the  difference, taking at
time back in 2000 huge heat from the standard  building community, always
passing on what knowledge I had to my supporters  in my manuals, allowing them
to be self reliant for past my lifetime through  others to come; it was and
is all part of the synergistic effect. What may  have seemed like dormancy
has actually been a progression into new  territories, as my ability to take a
Fender amp, to have taken something one of  the most famous names in
amplifier history designed, put a twist on it, and with  all other components
coming into play, have it harp friendly, I can live with  that. One area I see
moving into rather than expanding expensive to many custom  amplifiers will
be to work directly with owners of Fender amps, especially a  reissue
bassman, naturally, and with many variations,  working  with the player via phone,
Skype, so I can dial each one in to their mic,  understanding when I hear
them where their air is being brought from, which will  guide the lineup and
final product. Understanding how the effect each slight  turn of the controls
along with being able to know what possibilities  bridging the channels
has, even though I have through experience  developed a start up controls
setting, which also has changed with new  knowledge. The only way I could
accomplish this was to continue to work on my  first love, playing the harp, so I
could feel what I was working on. With  endorsers that allow me to sit in
like Ray, Charlie, Mark, befriending Gary  Smith, Andy Lindermann, my lifelong
friend Mitch, I am fortunate to obtain tips  while I still work on what
Sonny showed me.
    We will be spending a long period of time updating  our website, as
certain results coming on June 20th will be guiding what doors  and direction I
take. I will be explaining where this started, relevant  information such
as a building system based on my long time friend, SJ  builder and engineer
Tom's system of a small number of excellent builders who  can all perform
each other's task, being interchangeable, keeping them fresh. As  each stage is
completed, it is tested and signed off by fresh eyes until it gets  to
completion, is fully tested on both equipmetn and musical instruments,  then
sits the night and is tested once again before the amp is covered by Tuki,  put
in a sealed bag, then packed in blown covered foam using custom boxes with
handles, something I have done my entire career with excellent results..
NASA  has close to 10 initials on each component, and in no way do I build a
shuttle.  This is the course I have been honored to have in place and have
overseen, as I  have had single builders. Single person building can raise as
many  questions. What if that one builder got sick, had an off day, how much
time can  on actually spend soldering, and what happened to my friend and
engineer Keith,  nerve damage from 40+ years of tight space work. This is my
choice, not a  default. Once I spent the initial time to make sure it was up
to the standards  that has Sonny Jr amps running perfectly in the field
since 1992, it allowed me  to focus on the work I feel I do best; listen to the
thousands of customers and  keep up with the times.
    From all endorsers, supporters of all levels, the  direction of having
a player feel what they do by adjusting controls, continuing  to be the only
builder with these period correct capacitors with a supply  for many
lifetimes and a lifeline for more;  NOS preamp tubes stock,  garelite non Fender
wave type circuit board, dressing and layout so no cross  talking of parts.
A tweed cabinet finish that is a Sonny Jr proprietary product for  with a
dual purpose that cost $100 more than a stock cab, I just will not  sacrifice
from what I started, beauty and function. No one can purchase it, nor  will
they even past this time frame. Custom tolex grill and tolex are always an
option.
   I see the world we live in, so rather than to try  and expand, I am
focusing on the amps that get great reviews from  all level players.

     To ALL Sonny Jr owners!!! The last part of  the vision, which I have
been working on since owning probably one of less than  a few complete
Danelectro Master/Slave full systems from 1956 back in the  90's is in final trial
stage, unique from anything designed. This has  been in the works for over
a year, and is now extremely close;  this  is for my SJ customers as I know
their amps, if they need it, which most don't,  it will solve many problems.
>From the blues I witnessed touring the world at 21,  it is about dynamics;
if the harp amp is super loud on stage the other musicians  have no choice
but to match it or come over it. My strength is being  able to hear nuances
most would probably not what to have rambling in their  head, being the
conduit for this system, my end coming from the time spent to  develop a manual
for said system in conjunction with the SJ amp, customer  service. If anyone
calls me and asks about other amp company's, I just tell them  what I do and
why.
     We just had a big scare with a lightning storm and  as I tried to box
up all my stash of vintage tubes, hot 10/10 CM mics, parts, I  realized it
was time to turn them loose. Contact me for any tube needs from NOS  Real TS
5881's, RCA black plate 6L6GC, more than I can list. Vintage P10q's,
*** SPECIAL. One Ronette Crystal mic, a Kim Wilson favorite, in the  box
from Holland. Only one I have ever owned, works great. If you name it, I
probably have it, time to move on and focus on other things...

       Charlie Musselwhite, Mark Hummel,  Gary Smith, Andy Santana, Ray,
Mitch, Pierre, Andy Lindermann,  Lee Oskar, keep me pushing. Seeing what I
have in these friends rather that  what other issues could be focused on could
turn into something larger than  I can imagine
     I've forgiven myself for certain things I have  said, written or done
and am moving forward. The only best way I could spin it  is; Who do you
want in the foxhole with you, the crazy fight to the  death maniac, or someone
else..If I have offended anyone and they would  care to call me and talk
person to person, my number has always been on my  site. Thank you. SJ