[Harp-L] Re: Seamless altered notes challenge

It's been noted on this thread that instruments like the saxophone or even the piano have variations in timbre/tone from note to note for whatever reason.

 This may be true... BUT... this variations are small and well within the acceptable range for most people to enjoy they uniform tone when the music requires it. And these instruments use the SAME LAWS OF PHYSICS for their sound production.

Also, as Richard Hunter pointed out, "laws of physics dictate that two sounds made using different techniques, which in turn involve different configurations of the mouth and vocal tract, won't sound the same".

Sure, a sax player can produce many different timbre/tones BUT that is at his/her WILL and is a tool to enhance his performance. A sax player is not a slave to the laws of Physics that say that if you use different mechanisms of sound production the notes will not be uniform, no matter how hard you try.

Check the next couple of videos, have you ever heard a soprano sax play Bach so well?. For sure it does not sound like  Kenny G style... lol.... I love it. Very uniform tone.

I am learning the soprano sax and I dream of one day playing like that but ironically the first instrument I grab is always my diatonic harp. I love it's sound and decided to go the valved bend style to be able to get that very occasional accidental note,and not more. And yeah,the sound of overblows irritate me to the point of not been able to enjoy the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKljLLSmIMs&feature=BFa&list=PLE224C0E2A6BB0DFC&index=15

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ_DeoX_S44&feature=BFa&list=PLE224C0E2A6BB0DFC&index=16