[Harp-L] technical question or four

1. Apparently lower pitched harps use the same size reeds as higher pitched harps of the same brand - is this true? For example, does a SP20 low F uses the same reed plates as a SP20 high F?

2. Chromatic harmonicas have (as far as I know) longer reeds, and thus bigger reed slots, than diatonics to produce the same pitch. The only reason I can think of is that the diatonic is more airtight so maybe the player can achieve greater pressure and thus force equivalent air through the smaller reed slot.(?) Are there other reasons that anyone is aware of?

3. For the CX12 the higher few reed slots are now smaller than the original, so that when ordering reeds you have to choose 'old' or 'new' to get the correct fit. This was apparently to improve 'response'. Has anyone noticed a significant difference? Or have any info on what lead to the change?

4. Is anyone aware of any systematic experimentation to determine what size reeds are optimal for a given pitch?

Thanks,

Doug H