Re: [Harp-L] Peter Ruth at SPAH (WAS SPAH - who's going?)

My first appearance at SPAH was in 1980 at the 17th annual convention in Southfield, MI.
Having a young (31 year old) diatonic player at SPAH was extremely controversial at that time.
A sizable portion of the audience stood up and left the hall in protest just before I went on stage.
But I definitely had some strong support: Danny Wilson, Pete Pedersen, Jerry Murad and Don Les all came down and sat in the front row to cheer me on.

Peter Madcat Ruth
Musician - Grammy Award Winner
madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.madcatmusic.net