[Harp-L] Re: Gear Creep

On Jul 19, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Ray Beltran wrote:

Isn't this about the guy who's always creepin' 'round your gear, like he's gonna make off with it?

Funny you should say that. After reading Mike's post, I walked into the other room and said to my husband, without preamble, "Range bag!" To which he retorted, "Who you callin' a range bag!?!" The MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag ($69.99) comes with two removable pistol rugs (which I had never heard of, before), and we have enjoyed an entire morning and part of an afternoon exercising our new suite of epithets: "Yew range baggin', pistol ruggin', gear creep, yew!"

I was particularly amused by this bit from one of the comments: "The only downside is the bag encourages you to take a lot more stuff than you need. If you're like me and can't decide what to leave at home you'll end up taking half the gun safe to the range with you."

Heh.

Chris Johnson wrote:

From: "Chris Johnson" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: July 19, 2011 11:57:29 AM EDT
To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Gear Creep

Hi Elizabeth,
I would suggest that you have a look or at least email exchange with Hal
Iwan from www.customcases.com

I own one of his cases and love it. I am sure he can build you something
compact with everything you need before you buy a steamer trunk and dolly.

Have a look at
http://customharpcases.com/khxc/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=CHC19
maybe he can replace the delay with a power-strip or how cool would that be
if he could build a power strip into the harp case where you wrap the cable
on the outside of the case and along the side there is 3 outlets. Please
tell him that is my idea and I will be happy to take 20% on sales ;-)

It would be worth sending him an email for an exchange of information. He
is a great guy and willing to help others.

Chris

This is what I use, today. I bought it at SPAH last year and have loved it, though with the shifting of the sands -- and GEAR CREEP -- I am wondering if reconfiguring the interior will be sufficient. Hence my initial post on this thread.

It is becoming pretty clear that some sort of uber-bag will be the right solution for me, for now. Until I get good enough to do much more with much less, like James Cotton and Joe Leone. Thanks to everyone who has weighed in, so far, and to any others who might want to add comments and ideas. (Yew harp totin', range baggin', pistol ruggin', gear creeps, yew....)

Elizabeth (aka Tin Lizzie)