Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 09:14:00 -0400
From: Elizabeth Hess<TrackHarpL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Gear Creep
To: The Iceman<icemanle@xxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Yes, that was my first thought at the time.  My larger question is one
of efficient and compact transport.  Maybe an even larger harp case
with room for extra stuff.  Maybe trim the set of harps I carry around
(I really do think I could leave the Paddy Richters at home most of
the time, for example), and get a different and/or custom-cut foam
insert for the hard case I have, so as to accommodate fewer harps and
more stuff.  Or maybe a larger case that would hold the harp case
inside it AND ancillary items.  Or a third general-purpose container
such as a knapsack.

When you (any of you) gig, how many separate items do you carry with
you into the club, not counting the contents of your pockets?  What
trade-offs do you make between things you must have, things you like
to have, and things you  *might*  want or need, but usually do not?
E.g. extra batteries for battery-powered items.

I can see this escalating to the point where I have a steamer trunk
and a dolly, and I shudder.