Re: [Harp-L] No Room for Fills, WAS: Mickey Raphael

In a message dated 7/19/2011 1:24:57 A.M. GMT Daylight Time,
3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<   No, DON't skip it. Sax players are my nemesis.  They don't know when
to quit, take too long a series of solos, and don't pay  attention to my
cues. They start blowing, close their eyes, and are oblivious  to others.   >>
Depends on the sax or slide guitar player!
When I was in Manila last year I played with top Filipino tenor sax player
Tots Tolentino... What a joy! And with my own band back in the 1990's in
London,  England performing with the sax player, the great Ricardo Guererro, I
can  honestly say that was some of the best interactive jamming that I have
ever  experienced, was with that particular saxophonist!
I find that if me,  a harmonicist, is playing with ANY truly great
musician, their playing will take MY harp playing up, to the next  level.
Great musicians mostly INSPIRE me.. I love to play with musicians who are
BETTER than I am. That makes me sound better!
Kind regards
John "Whiteboy" Walden
Just now deep in the English countryside.
_http://johnwalden.freevar.com_ (http://johnwalden.freevar.com)