Re: [Harp-L] Sonny Boy I and II history question

michael rubin escribió:
Most people would agree that Rice Miller lied when he said he had the
Sonny Boy name first and that he stole the name to make money off the
reputation of John Lee.  Did Rice begin using the name is public
before or after John Lee died?
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com

I can't recall where and when I read that King Biscuit Time's sponsor, intending to promote the radio program and the biscuits, started lying about presenting Sonny Boy I (since John Lee was a success in the mid-30's) in the program, while Rice Miller was playing, in fact. Completely different styles, but a promotional trick, after all.

Fernando Toral
Bs As, Argentina