Re: [Harp-L] Sonny Boy I and II history question

>From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Boy_Williamson_I:

another blues harp player, Aleck/Alex "Rice"
Miller<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Boy_Williamson_II>,
who was based in Helena,
Arkansas<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helena,_Arkansas>,
began also using the name Sonny Boy Williamson. John Lee is said to have
objected to this, though no legal action took place, possibly due to the
fact that Miller did not release any records during Williamson's lifetime,
and that Williamson played mainly around the Chicago area, while Miller
seldom ventured beyond the Mississippi
delta<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_delta>region until
after Williamson's death. In 1942, John Lee allegedly
confronted Miller, but according to Miller's friend and guitarist Robert
Lockwood, "Big Sonny Boy [Miller] chased Little Sonny Boy [Williamson] away
from there. He couldn't play with Rice. Rice Miller could play Sonny Boy's
stuff better than he could play
it!"[2]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Boy_Williamson_I#cite_note-1>

--
Arthur Jennings