Re: [Harp-L] Endorsers - FTC Rules

The FTC regs make it clear it is mostly the burden of the VENDOR who uses
endorsements in his advertising (including claims made on his website) to
disclose any material connection between the endorser and the vendor, and to
ensure the endorsements are true and current.

So, if Arnie the Amp Maker gives free or discounted gear to his endorsers,
that MUST be disclosed any time Arnie uses such an endorsement as an
advertisement.  Arnie is subject to liability if he fails to do this.

One harp amp maker I spoke to told me he does not reveal discounts or
freebies he gives to endorsers because other endorsers would complain about
not getting as good a deal.  That amp maker is clearly in violation of the
FTC regs.

--
-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog