Re: [Harp-L] music software advice

I use Cakewalk (actually Sonar, Roland bought Cakewalk a few years ago, but same product) for sequencing, but also use Band in a Box for its ability to generate MIDI background music with a minimum of time (or technique!).
I also like Sound Forge (Sony bought them a few years ago) for digital audio editing, but that doesn't sound like the thing you need right away.
There are other equally worthwhile programs out there, but that's what I use.
And of course, these products complement one another.
Gary