Re: [Harp-L] On The Road Again (Powerbender)

Richard Sleigh wrote:
<So when my friend Jamie Rounds asked me to add harmonica to his cover
<of "On The Road Again" I jumped at the chance. Jamie is a songwriter
<who lives in Nashville, and he sent the files to me online. I tuned a
<harp just like Alan's harp, with the raised 6 draw note, and got to
<work. I finally decided to go with a Powerbender harmonica with
<Brendan Powers tuning, cause I could get that "note" with it, plus
<surprise myself with some ways to vamp with the chords in the middle
<of this tuning.
<
<Here is a link to the end result:
<
<http://rsleigh.com/on-the-powerbender-road-again/
<
<It was fun to see what I could come up with under a short deadline.

Nice stuff, the Powerbender makes that high flatted 3rd scream.  The chording works well too, definitely a fresh take on the Alan Wilson vib.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick