Re: [Harp-L] Harp Price increases

 The bike shop assembled and tweaked it.  If it was shipped to you in a box, you finished the assembly and tweaked it. It is almost certain that the manufacturer did not ship it ready to ride.

There is a tired on-stage joke used by players of stringed instruments: "Gee, the clerk said that it was tuned when I bought it!"

Guitars must be strung and adjusted.  Pianos must be re-tuned in their final location.  You buy mouthpieces separately from wind instrument purchases.  An autoharp (comes with a tool) must be tuned initially and then frequently by the owner.  Many, if not most, musical instruments require initial adjustment and periodic maintenance. Are we expecting too much of the harmonica?  Maybe the improvements should be to make them easier to work on... with independently removable covers and reedplates?

Vern