[Harp-L] cruciform needle punch

On or about June 29, Robert Hale, alias "DUKE of WAIL" asked:

> It has been mentioned on the list to use a cruciform needle to enlarge
> the reed hole before relocating it to another plate.
> Any help, please? Thank you.

Turbodog replies:
Robert, the tool that I use for enlarging holes is actually a miniature hand
reamer. Watchmakers, clockmakers, and horologists use this tool for almost
the same purpose, except instead of a Marine Band 4-B reed they enlarge the
center hole of a Seth Thomas minute hand, or the like.

If you have not already found something to do the trick, I can help procure
one for you.

All the best.