From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Mick Zaklan
Sent: 02 July 2011 17:10
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Ron Sorin video and upcoming CD

   Just received an email from Chicago blues harpist Ron Sorin.  Ron
informed me that he has a CD worth of material ready for release; hopefully
sometime this year.  This is good news for harp fans; Ron has been playing
big league blues harmonica in Chicago for over 30 years.  He is one of the
harmonica's best kept secrets and his fans include Joe Filisko, Michael
Peloquin, and Rupert Oysler.  And myself.  I profiled Ron for harp-l back on
6/27/09.
   Ron Sorin's recorded harp work is extremely difficult to find; but I was
flabbergasted to actually discover a good quality musical video on YouTube
that features some of his playing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK_iO1Qf7gg.

Mick Zaklan