From: tacopescado@xxxxxxxxxxx <tacopescado@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Group Arrangement
To: "harp-l L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, January 31, 2011, 3:22 PM

I'm in the midst of reading LW's bio for the second time and at least half of his recordings had no bass but one of his guitar players tuning down an octave and played the bass line as The Iceman stated. Other recordings had Willie Dixon or Big Crawford on bass.

In those days the electric bass was in the infant stage and mic'ing an upright bass, drums or piano were far from perfect and provided a sound that would be unacceptable in today's music.

Taco