From: JWilliam Thompson <landcommentary@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, January 30, 2011 8:47:35 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] read music? NO

I have to disagree with the chorus of voices advocating reading music
for the diatonic. If you are learning the diatonic, I think it won't
hurt, but it won't help either, because of the tone layout of the
diatonic and the fact that you switch harps when you switch keys.
Diatonic is really an ear player's instrument.

If you are learning harmonica, you probaby have limited time to put
into practicing. There are at least a dozen things that would be a
better use of practice time than learning to read.

In case you are wondering, I do read music (for another instrument).

Bill in DC