[Harp-L] Les Thompson

Just found a great old clip of Les Thompson on chromatic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlLGjO8MzpU

A few observations and questions for you chrom players (as a diatonic player, I am in the dark:)

1. Interesting that he plays upside down...
2. Odd-looking mic attached. Any guesses?
3. In certain sections (0:15-0:18, 0:53-1:01, and others) he's playing octaves. Is this done by tongue-block splits on the blow notes?
4. Any ideas which model chrom? (I'm guessing a Hohner 64.)

Anyhow, mighty nice -- I envy his technique.

cheers,
Tom Ball