  From: christopher lee
  To: Harpl list
  Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2011 7:15 AM
  Subject: [Harp-L] learning to read music

  Howdy Folks,

  I am a newbie who is learning to play harmonica (with a teacher) after
  carrying one around for over twenty years.  I have little-to-no
  musical background, and am interested in learning to read music while
  I am learning harp.  I realize -- having done a search of the Harp-l
  archives -- that whether or not to learn music is somewhat
  contentious.  I realize that it is not necessary, but I am interested
  in learning, and was wondering if anyone had advice about books or
  ways to learn music while simultaneously studying harp.

  Many thanks in advance for your advice,

  cass