Re: [Harp-L] Free reed tuning tool

I like to hold such thin strips of metal in a tool so that only about .040" protrudes.  This provides a convenient handle and avoids pushing them too far through the slot and damaging the windsaver on the other side.

I have a pair of tweezers with a wire loop that can be pushed down to keep them closed.  Locking forceps would also work.  Then when the protruding blade inevitably becomes damaged, I cut it off with a pair of scissors and extend about .040" more. This way a 1" strip of metal can provide a dozen or more fresh blades. It works like the knives that allow the dull, used blade tips to be broken off.

Vern