[Harp-L] Re: Aebersold Chord Notation Questions

Lizzie

You asked some questions, not all of which have been answered. I play a bit of sax as well as harp and for a few years played a bit of jazz, so here's my understanding:

There is a chord symbol here that I don't know how to decipher: It's Eb<triangle>+4. I've seen the triangle before, and take it to mean major 7th. And I would think that "+4" means augmented 4th. So, would the notes for this chord be Eb G A Bb D?

There is another measure where the "+4" is in parentheses, Eb<triangle>(+4). What's the difference...?