Re: [Harp-L] Aebersold Chord Notation Questions

There are two varieties of diminished chords--fully diminished and half
diminished.  The CIRCLE indicates the fully diminished, which has minor 3rd,
diminished 5th, diminished 7th.  The CIRCLE SLASH indicates the half
diminished, which has minor 3rd, diminished 5th, and minor 7th.

So a C diminished would be        C, Eb, Gb, Bbb (A)
and a C half diminished would be C, Eb, Gb, Bb

Think Harmonica!
George Miklas