[Harp-L] Re: "there's no harmonica in this tune"

Excellent post!  I know you are a good player, though!  That makes
your point a lot easier to make. ;)

I want very badly to find a modern country band to play with but am
always met with great resistance.  I think most times, when "no
harmonica" comes into play, it is either ignorance or ego.  I truly
think a number of musicians know so little about the harmonica that
they are blind to what it could or might be able to do.  I have played
with a lot of students and grads from a local music college, which is
a really excellent college.  The level of harmonica ignorance is
enough to make a person cry, lol.

Thanks for sharing your story and providing some inspiration to check
the local Craigslist for a country band to play in.

Mike