Re: [Harp-L] Harmonicas and Air Travel

First of all, I just wanted to agree with Jim Crutchfield and Richard Hunter
about preferring train travel. I'm going to Spain from the UK next month for
about 3 weeks, the big problem is the expense. My flight from Gatwick will
be about £65-70 return plus the excess baggage as I'm taking my buskers amp
with me.  If I take the train, I have to book each leg of the journey
separately. London to Paris, Paris to Madrid, Madrid to Granada and
depending what type of deal I can get on Eurostar, I'd be looking at £400
plus for the round trip  - what's crazy from my point of view is that
Eurostar is supposed to be carbon neutral, I'm not sure how they calculate
that but it's got to be more environmentally friendly than the plane.  It's
shame as well because the train journey through the Pyrenees and from Madrid
to Granada is supposed to be stunning and I'm sure you're missing out on
some amazing scenery having to fly around the states.  All those poor people
who gave their lives putting the railroad through the rockies and it all
gets thrown away a hundred years or so later, it seems criminal to me.

Anyway rant over, I also wanted to check that people find it's ok to take a
mic and cables and reverb pedal in their hand luggage - its' just cool to
get it all out and say this is what I've got

Bill