[Harp-L] Steal guitar licks from TrueFire teaching videos

Much has been said about the value of various harmonica web sites and how each offers harmonica-specific training. Some of the best harmonica players have said they got their best music ideas not from harmonica players but other musicians. Horn players, keyboard players, guitar players.

This is for those who also tired of playing the same old harmonica licks everybody else plays and want something new to study.

If you're interested in the kinds of songs and licks that guitar players use, why not go direct to the source. The place where the guitar players learn their licks rather than ask your guitar buddy to play that lick you like over and over again.

I'm not suggesting that you take up guitar or learn to play the guitar, although it's not a bad idea if you want to increase you employment opportunities.

My point is that you can learn these riffs easy way. Use these tracks and licks like backup tracks and play them over and over until you burn them into your memory. And since they are teaching tracks, they will be played over and over at the "learning speed" so you can keep up with them.

An outfit called TrueFire has been offering guitar instruction on the web for years and CD-ROM type DVDs that need to be played on a computer drive.

They program beak down into short segments and slow speed instruction and guitar tablature.

Just recently, the firm's 50 licks series has been converted to standard DVD format -- meaning that you can watch them away from your desk top or laptop.

There are at least eight (8) of these programs:
50 Blues Guitar Licks
50 Jazz Guitar Licks
50 Acoustic Guitar Licks
50 Rock Guitar Licks
50 Metal Guitar Licks
50 Shred Guitar Licks
50 Funk Guitar Licks
50 Country Guitar Licks

These 50 Riffs DVDs cost $20 each and you can get them from the TrueFire web site. This series comes in Downloads, CD-ROMs (data-DVD) and DVD.

<http://truefire.com/index2.html>

Hope this helps
Phil
P.S. I ordered mine, but I also play a little guitar and the least they can do is inspire my guitar playing!