Re: [Harp-L] Harmonicas and Air Travel

George Miklas wrote:
<Speak to the NTSA officer at the x-ray machine and tell him you are carrying
<musical instruments.  Don't say anything even remotely sarcastic or smart.
<If you play it straight, they will play it straight too.  Plan to unload
<your cases into the tubs on the conveyor so that your harps are one-layer
<going through the x-ray.

That's about what I do, and I've never had a problem.  I often open the harp cases so they can see inside easily.

If you're carrying microphones or other electronic gear, you want those to be out in the open too.  My Digitech RP355 usually attracts more interest than the harps.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick