RE: [Harp-L] Harmonicas and Air Travel

I once was prevented from taking my harp repair tool kit on the plane--there was nothing in there but some jeweler's files, a few small screwdrivers, the little metal shim to slip under reeds to stabilize while tuning, etc.  But the tools sort of freaked them out somehow.  However, I've flown with harps lots of time since then, both domestically and internationally, and never had a problem.  Maybe once they had me empty my carry-on and eyeballed the harps, but that was it.

I'll be playing at IBC, too, and will be flying to Memphis soon.  Good luck at the challenge!