From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Trip Henderson
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:57 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Trip Henderson; ukulelebob39@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] BLUEgrass

Hey Bob, thanks for listening. I, like many on this list love to play
blues
and spent a good decade and a half playing amplified "Chicago Style",
chasing that holy grail of tone - and had a great fun doing it. As a
teen I
started playing old time fiddle music, folk and social music on the
short
harp and have now come full circle.  What's cool is that I get to bring
my
Chicago chops to this acoustic music and in the case of artists like
Bill
Monroe there's lots of blues in his grass.  If you're curious to hear
what I
mean check out our version of Kentucky Waltz on our YouTube site and
you'll
hear a straight up blues solo over that classic bluegrass standard. Come
think of it, there's not too many blues waltzes, hm?

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWhistlingWolves

Trip Henderson ~ NYC